It’s impossible to overstate the value of eating a well-rounded diet in maintaining good health. A healthy diet is one that is well-balanced and takes into account the needs of the body for each of its individual nutrients.
Calories are a measure of how much energy a serving of food has. Calories are burned through normal metabolic processes such as walking, thinking, and breathing after they have been ingested. In order to keep one’s weight stable, most people need to consume around 2000 calories per day.
Fits the Bill for a Healthy Diet
Certain categories of nutritious foods are essential to a well-rounded diet:
- Greens, potatoes, beans, peas, and other legumes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and other brightly colored veggies.
- Fruits that are not canned in syrup, include entire fruits, fresh and frozen fruits.
- Grains include both whole and refined varieties.
- Protein-rich foods include lean cuts of beef and pork, poultry, seafood, and lentils.
- Dairy items, such as skim milk.
The Best Way to Live
A well-rounded diet alone isn’t enough; healthy eating habits are also essential. Here are a few that you can try to implement:
- Reduce your serving size
- Relax and enjoy your meal.
- Eat fewer snack foods.
- Put an end to mindless snacking caused by strong emotions.