If you’re into high-fat and low-carb diet, then you’d definitely love the keto diet.
There are three different types of ketogenic diets depending on how strict you want the diet to be.
Standard Ketogenic Diet
- 20 grams or less of carbs per day,
- 4 ounces or less of protein per day, and
- 120 milligrams or less of salt per day.
Moderate Ketogenic Diet
- 50 grams of carbs or less per day,
- Protein up to 6 ounces each day, and
- 500 milligrams of salt per day.
Liberal Ketogenic Diet
- Protein up to 12 ounces each day, and
- 1000 milligrams or less salt per day.
Specific Foods to avoid
In order to properly follow the keto diet, you must avoid certain foods. These include sugar, grains, legumes, potatoes, rice, and other high-glycemic foods. You’ll also want to make sure to drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol as much as possible.